11 Poultry Recipes for National Poultry Day

19 March 2017
National Poultry Day
National Poultry Day is today and chances are that a good majority of meat-eaters out there are already eating some kind of poultry today even if they’re not aware of the designated day.  Poultry is one of the most popular meats — versatile, cheap, and even your picky kids will eat it.

We’ve teamed up with 10 food bloggers to give you 11 new poultry recipes to add to your weekly mix.  Check out the recipes from our talented colleagues and let us know which ones you plan to try out in the comments below!

| 11 Recipes for National Poultry Day |

Thai Peanut Chicken with Coconut Rice (Paleo) by Our Food Fix

This Thai peanut chicken comes with a high likelihood that you may be caught licking your plate before you put it in the dishwasher.  An extra bonus: this comes with a paleo version.  Dieters rejoice!

National Poultry Day

Chargah Nathiagali: A Special Roast Recipe by Dr. How and Why

This roast chicken dish is named for Nathiagali, a mountain resort town in northern Pakistan.  This recipe boasts healthy spices such as chillies and turmeric.

National Poultry Day

Handmade Chicken Gyoza by Carla Crudup

Kosher readers rejoice!  There’s no denying that gyoza (Japanese for “dumpling”) are popular, but they’re usually made with pork.  Carla gives us a chicken alternative that is sure to satisfy my constant craving for dumplings.

National Poultry Day

Balsamic Orange Chicken with Basil by Ovenstruck

Ovenstruck’s 21 Day Fix Friendly Balsamic Orange Chicken with Basil just…there’s no words for it.  You really can’t go wrong with anything featuring balsamic.

National Poultry Day

One-Pan Baked Chicken and Bacon Glazed Asparagus by The Accidental Mrs.

The Accidental Mrs. brings us an easy weekday recipe.  This is certainly not kosher, but sub the bacon out and you could easily modify it to be.

National Poultry Day

Chicken Chickpea Salad by Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade

This salad looks perfect for summer days.  Karyl’s roots in the West Indies show in the inclusion of chickpeas, a filling and flavorful addition to salad.

National Poultry Day

White Lasagna Chicken Soup by The Messy Little Kitchen

The blogger who contributed the post on spinach pesto last week is behind this beautiful take on lasagna soup.  This looks comforting for a rainy spring day.

National Poultry Day

Herb Roasted Chicken by LeShé Style

Perfectly seasoned, moist flesh, crispy crackly skin…come on, is there anything better than a roasted chicken?  I think not.  And this version is guaranteed to ace all the requirements.

National Poultry Day

Florentine Stuffed Chicken by Laurence Makano

Laurence, the blogger behind the fah-ncy grilled cheese we recently posted, brings to the table this Florentine Stuffed Chicken.  With prosciutto and cheese, we can’t enjoy it and still be kosher, but we’ll enjoy it vicariously through our non-kosher readers.

National Poultry Day

Poultry Burger and Homemade Chips by The Good, The Bad, and The Poopy

I have a weird confession to make.  I like turkey burgers better than beef burgers.  I know, I know. But you can be so adventurous with the flavors.  I like to make a Thai version and the blogger behind The Good, The Bad, and The Poopy (a realistic name for any mother out there) keeps it simple and delicious.

National Poultry Day

Slow Cooker Roasted Cornish Game Hen by Almost Kosher (hey, that’s us!)

We recently posted our answer to this round-up with a Slow Cooker Roasted Cornish Game Hen that we love for simplicity and convenience.  Plus, it’s essentially a mini-chicken.  And, Come on, who doesn’t love a mini-chicken?

Slow Cooker Cornish Game Hen

What’s your favorite recipe for National Poultry Day?  Any duck recipes out there?  Share it in the comments.

23 Comments

• Reply Ron 20 March 2017 at 3:03 am

Wow, I didn’t even know that there was a national poultry day in the US.
    Great collection of recipes, show a lot of diversity.

• Reply OvenStruck 20 March 2017 at 7:23 pm

I think these recipes are a win! (not being bias lol) Seriously….your slow cooker roasted game hen in the crock pot is genius and I can not WAIT to try it out. I love the mini chickens! <3

• Reply foodyschmoody 22 March 2017 at 8:51 am

I just can’t seem to stop staring at that balsamic chicken w/ basil. I can eat balsamic by the cup ful!

• Reply Chava 22 March 2017 at 8:54 am

Isn’t it just gorgeous? Balsamic is like nectar for me. Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply allergygirleats 23 March 2017 at 2:41 am

This is such a diverse round-up. It is so inspiring to see how versatile poultry can be.

• Reply Ava 25 March 2017 at 9:46 pm

These look like some awesome recipes. I’m always looking for new ways to cook chicken. I’ve pinned for later!

• Reply Ruxandra 26 March 2017 at 10:15 am

wow! I have been drooling all the way throughout this post! so many delicious recipes

• Reply Aireona- Nightborn Travel 26 March 2017 at 1:27 pm

I didn’t know that poultry day was a thing! But I think I will need to celebrate with one of these this year.

• Reply Amanda Mason 26 March 2017 at 2:42 pm

Such beautiful photography! I love chicken and turkey! Love!!

• Reply Amber 26 March 2017 at 5:59 pm

Mmm, all these recipes sound and look amazing. I’ll have to try some out!

• Reply theblissfullyexhaustedmama 26 March 2017 at 6:16 pm

Oh my goodness, I have my eye on the Thai peanut chicken recipe!

• Reply Andrea R Warren (@WaldorfFries) 26 March 2017 at 6:26 pm

All of these recipes look amazing but I going to try Balsamic Orange Chicken with Basil by Ovenstruck this week! Yum I love balsamic anything

• Reply Chava 30 March 2017 at 9:26 am

Doesn’t it look incredible!

• Reply casey 26 March 2017 at 6:50 pm

Every single one of those look absolutely delish! Looking forward to trying the chicken and chick pea salad soon!

• Reply Hil D (@Raisingfairies) 26 March 2017 at 8:40 pm

Recipe rounds ups are always so helpful with meal planning.

• Reply Janine Good 26 March 2017 at 9:05 pm

I love Chicken! It is one of the most versatile meats out there! These recipes look delicious.

• Reply Ana Rose | Roads and Pages 27 March 2017 at 3:07 am

Your photos of foods really make me hungry. I especially love the chicken. I think no matter how it is cooked, I will definitely love to taste them. I can feel my stomach now grumbling. Haha!

• Reply Blair Villanueva 27 March 2017 at 6:33 pm

Am having breakfast and reading your post only makes my tummy full! Delicioso Bella!

• Reply Girl in Therapy 29 March 2017 at 9:10 am

SO hard too pick just one favourite 😱😱😱 Such picture-perfect dishes!

As shown in your post, chicken is such a versatile bird/ingredient, and it’s great to learn about National Poultry Day… Who knew??

• Reply Chava 30 March 2017 at 9:25 am

Isn’t it? Chicken is my all time favorite protein.

• Reply Mommy Engineering 29 March 2017 at 7:35 pm

Definitely going to have to add these to my list of recipes to try! We have tons of chicken all the time and I never know what to do with it all!

• Reply Nina 30 March 2017 at 3:01 am

I love the variety here. That soup looks good because I love anything with pesto. Hold the Thai dish … I have a peanut allergy. But everything else looks amazing.

• Reply Chava 30 March 2017 at 9:24 am

Oh, yes–then you better avoid the Thai dish! I wonder if it would work with any other kind of nuts.

What do YOU think?